Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Belews Dairy Bar








A couple of weekends ago, the wife and I took a trip to Land Between the Lakes. A co-worker said "if you go through Aurora, you gotta stop at Belews!" I'd never heard of it, but let's just say the advice was coming from a trusted source.

This person told me several things about the place. He said that the parking lot would be packed regardless of the time of day. He was correct. It was packed as we drove toward LBL and then again when we pulled into the restaurant at probably 8:30pm on a Friday night.

He told me that a car hop would take my order very quickly and then have no problem bringing my order to me regardless of whether I ate in the car or got out and sat at a table. We didn't even have a chance to get our windows rolled completely down and we had a girl asking what we wanted to eat.

He also said that they would grill onions on a burger at no extra charge, and I let them do that also. The burger was Great!

You could get a pretty good amount of food there for about $5. I know that for many of you, if you're in Aurora, you're going to eat fish, but give Belews a try. They have pretty much everything you could want, and you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment