Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kellogg's Special K Crackers








From the "trying to eat a little healthier" department, I tried the Special K Crackers. These are the ones advertised as 90 calories for 17 crackers. They come in two varieties: Multi-Grain and Italian Tomato & Herb. I tried the Multi-Grain. One site I read says that they come in individually packed .77 oz pouches for portion control, but that was not the case at the Kroger on Paducah's southside.

One thing that to me is confusing is that the front of the box shows the "90 Calories per 17 Crackers" mantra, but the Nutrition Facts say that a serving is 24 crackers and that there are about 7 servings per container. There is also an explainer that says "Why 2 Serving Sizes? We suggest a 90 calorie serving for a satisfying snack to help you stay on track."

I ate the 17 crackers as a side with a sandwich at lunch and really liked them. I mean, it's healthier than chowing down on some greasy chips or fries. So if you are looking for a side or a quick snack to curb your cravings, these crackers seem like a pretty good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment